HAB Observing Network
Welcome to the HAB Observing Network! The National HAB Observing Network (NHABON) is a key component to effectively and efficiently integrating local, state, regional, and federal HAB observing capabilities and delivering products operationally. The NHABON will:
- enable HAB detection, early warning, and forecasting;
- leverage economies of scale and information and technology transfer between regions;
- determine baselines and discern patterns/trends to assess the impacts of climate change, eutrophication, and other environmental forcings;
- be tailored to the unique environmental and community needs of each region; and
- provide observations to support state, tribal, and national missions of understanding, predicting, mitigating, and managing HABs.
HAB Observing Group
Welcome to the HAB Observing Group! The HAB Observing Group (HAB OG) is designed to be an informal community-based coalition aimed at bolstering scientific collaboration and information/resource sharing for HAB observing system operators, data users and stakeholders, technology manufacturers, academia, and government agencies. For more information, click here!
You can also let us know of your interests in the HAB OG, including suggestions for webinar topics by filling out this form.